Posted Jul 28, 2012
LONDON (AP) — Here's what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China's Yi Siling took the first in the women's 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He's in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men's cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who's just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That's not happening.
There are no items in this feed.
Photos by Mara Lavitt North Haven held its annual Memorial Day Parade on a rainy day.
Photography by Peter Hvizdak / New Haven Register 111 girls graduated during the 2013 Commencement Exercises at Sac
On Saturday morning, about 3,000 runners and bombing victims gathered in light rain to run the final mile of the wo