Posted Jul 28, 2012By
LONDON (AP) — Here’s what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China’s Yi Siling took the first in the women’s 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He’s in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men’s cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who’s just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That’s not happening.
On Monday night, December 8, 2014, New Haven residents gathered for a walking tour through the Hill and West River
The New Haven Department of Police Service, held a promotional ceremony Friday, December 5, 2014 at Hill Regional C
After 42 years of successful business, Peter Indorf, owner of Peter Indorf Jewelers announces the closing of the Ch
An early morning blaze destroyed a vacant house on Lafayette Street in New Haven early Friday. The house was report
The 1st Marine Division, supported by forces from the U.S. Army and Iraqi Army, launched the Second Battle of Fallu
Bethany Mota and Derek Hough had a big night for the show’s Halloween special — a score of 39 out of 40