Posted Jul 28, 2012By
LONDON (AP) — Here's what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China's Yi Siling took the first in the women's 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He's in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men's cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who's just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That's not happening.
The University of Connecticut men’s basketball team is welcomed back in Storrs after winning its fourth natio
Clashes erupted between supporters and opponents of Syrian President Bashar Assad, near the Sunni neighborhood of T
Police and firefighters visit patients and staff at the Smilow Cancer Center to say thank you for the support they
Men's Ice Hockey Semifinal Playoff between Canada and the United States on Day 14 of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
Fairfield Prep – St. Joseph Boys Basketball Scrimmage 12/12
Local Garden Clubs decorated the Osborne Homestead. The theme this year is “Holiday in Connecticut”. Th