Posted Jul 28, 2012By
LONDON (AP) — Here's what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China's Yi Siling took the first in the women's 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He's in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men's cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who's just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That's not happening.
The following players have committed to the 2014 Connecticut Open presented by United Technologies, which will take
An ongoing collection of summer feature photography from the New Haven Register staff: Peter Casolino, Arnold Gold,
Stanley Marsh 3, whose partially buried row of Cadillacs became a road-side tourist attraction in the 1970s, died J
Latest news from around the world as seen by AP photographers
Photos of Sacred Heart Academy Graduation.
Woodland High School at Seymour High softball action. Photos by Peter Casolino