Posted Jul 28, 2012By
LONDON (AP) — Here's what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China's Yi Siling took the first in the women's 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He's in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men's cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who's just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That's not happening.
Photos by Mara Lavitt CIAC Class L boys soccer semifinal at Hamden: Barlow beat Hand of Madison, 3-0.
UCONN defeated Yale 80-62 in men’s basketball. The game was played at the XL Center in Hartford. Photos by Me
Folks lined the streets to watch the annual Branford Veterans Day Parade. Photos by Melanie Stengel mstengel@nhregi
Hamden Hall Country Day School led 42-6 over St Lukes of New Canaan at halftime behind the passing of QB TJ Linta a
A team of anthropologists from the University of South Florida began exhuming suspected graves at now-closed Arthur
Photos by Mara Lavitt August 19, 2013 New Haven’s Lincoln-Bassett School was the site of a violence reduction