Posted Jul 28, 2012By
LONDON (AP) — Here’s what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China’s Yi Siling took the first in the women’s 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He’s in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men’s cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who’s just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That’s not happening.
The 1st Marine Division, supported by forces from the U.S. Army and Iraqi Army, launched the Second Battle of Fallu
Bethany Mota and Derek Hough had a big night for the show’s Halloween special — a score of 39 out of 40
The Wilbur Cross Governors topped the Amity Spartans, 37-7, Friday afternoon, October 24, 2014 at the Barbarito/Mar
A fire damaged a home at 3 Philip Place in North Haven early Tuesday afternoon. A fire official said that two peopl
Former President Bill Clinton made a surprise stop Tuesday at Katalina’s bakery before heading over to the Om
A three-alarm fire tore through Delaney’s Restaurant and Tap Room in New Haven, completely destroying the bu