Posted Jul 28, 2012By
LONDON (AP) — Here’s what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China’s Yi Siling took the first in the women’s 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He’s in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men’s cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who’s just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That’s not happening.
Former President Bill Clinton made a surprise stop Tuesday at Katalina’s bakery before heading over to the Om
A three-alarm fire tore through Delaney’s Restaurant and Tap Room in New Haven, completely destroying the bu
City officials were investigating the cause of a fire Sunday that damaged the rear of a building at 489 Ferry Stree
Joe Castiglione, Roger Clemens, Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez were inducted into the Red Sox Hall of Fame on
Photos of Seymour vs. Exton in Little League Eastern Regional Softball Semifinal. In a hard fought game Exton defea
Photos of Elihu Yale Merchant, Collector & Patron