Posted Aug 05, 2012By The Associated Press
LONDON (AP) — Here are five things to look out for at the London Olympics on Sunday:
1. BRITAIN'S MORNING AFTER: Jubilation over what happened at the track Saturday night spills into Sunday, with British athletes — Jessica Ennis foremost among them — lofted heartily onto the collective national shoulders.
2. AND SPEAKING OF THE TRACK: Three key things to watch there Sunday above the others — Bolt, Bolt and Bolt. And did we mention Bolt? Also Yohan Blake, the other formidable half of the Jamaican dynamic duo.
3. FROM ENNIS TO TENNIS: Roger Federer goes for the gold for Switzerland against Britain's Andy Murray in a Wimbledon final rematch on the same Centre Court. Also: Americans Venus and Serena Williams take on the Czech Republic in doubles for the gold.
4. IN THE GYM: After Gabby Douglas' gold medal, her U.S. teammate McKayla Maroney gets a chance at the spotlight as the prohibitive favorite in the vault final. The field also includes Oksana Chusovitina of Germany and Giulia Steingruber of Switzerland.
5. WRESTLING BEGINS: Time to hit the mat. Watch Iran, which comes in with lots of talent and high hopes to win its first wrestling gold.
The University of Connecticut men’s basketball team is welcomed back in Storrs after winning its fourth natio
Clashes erupted between supporters and opponents of Syrian President Bashar Assad, near the Sunni neighborhood of T
Police and firefighters visit patients and staff at the Smilow Cancer Center to say thank you for the support they
Men's Ice Hockey Semifinal Playoff between Canada and the United States on Day 14 of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
Fairfield Prep – St. Joseph Boys Basketball Scrimmage 12/12
Local Garden Clubs decorated the Osborne Homestead. The theme this year is “Holiday in Connecticut”. Th