Posted Aug 05, 2012
LONDON (AP) — Here are five things to look out for at the London Olympics on Sunday:
1. BRITAIN'S MORNING AFTER: Jubilation over what happened at the track Saturday night spills into Sunday, with British athletes — Jessica Ennis foremost among them — lofted heartily onto the collective national shoulders.
2. AND SPEAKING OF THE TRACK: Three key things to watch there Sunday above the others — Bolt, Bolt and Bolt. And did we mention Bolt? Also Yohan Blake, the other formidable half of the Jamaican dynamic duo.
3. FROM ENNIS TO TENNIS: Roger Federer goes for the gold for Switzerland against Britain's Andy Murray in a Wimbledon final rematch on the same Centre Court. Also: Americans Venus and Serena Williams take on the Czech Republic in doubles for the gold.
4. IN THE GYM: After Gabby Douglas' gold medal, her U.S. teammate McKayla Maroney gets a chance at the spotlight as the prohibitive favorite in the vault final. The field also includes Oksana Chusovitina of Germany and Giulia Steingruber of Switzerland.
5. WRESTLING BEGINS: Time to hit the mat. Watch Iran, which comes in with lots of talent and high hopes to win its first wrestling gold.
There are no items in this feed.
Shaheed Monument in Baghdad honoring the overwhelmingly Shiite and Kurdish victims of Saddam's Sunni-dominated but
On this day – May 24, 1883 – The Brooklyn Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic after 14 years o
A view of the last 24 hours in pictures from around the world as seen by the photographers of the Associated Press.