Posted Aug 05, 2012By The Associated Press
LONDON (AP) — Here are five things to look out for at the London Olympics on Sunday:
1. BRITAIN’S MORNING AFTER: Jubilation over what happened at the track Saturday night spills into Sunday, with British athletes — Jessica Ennis foremost among them — lofted heartily onto the collective national shoulders.
2. AND SPEAKING OF THE TRACK: Three key things to watch there Sunday above the others — Bolt, Bolt and Bolt. And did we mention Bolt? Also Yohan Blake, the other formidable half of the Jamaican dynamic duo.
3. FROM ENNIS TO TENNIS: Roger Federer goes for the gold for Switzerland against Britain’s Andy Murray in a Wimbledon final rematch on the same Centre Court. Also: Americans Venus and Serena Williams take on the Czech Republic in doubles for the gold.
4. IN THE GYM: After Gabby Douglas’ gold medal, her U.S. teammate McKayla Maroney gets a chance at the spotlight as the prohibitive favorite in the vault final. The field also includes Oksana Chusovitina of Germany and Giulia Steingruber of Switzerland.
5. WRESTLING BEGINS: Time to hit the mat. Watch Iran, which comes in with lots of talent and high hopes to win its first wrestling gold.
On Monday night, December 8, 2014, New Haven residents gathered for a walking tour through the Hill and West River
The New Haven Department of Police Service, held a promotional ceremony Friday, December 5, 2014 at Hill Regional C
After 42 years of successful business, Peter Indorf, owner of Peter Indorf Jewelers announces the closing of the Ch
An early morning blaze destroyed a vacant house on Lafayette Street in New Haven early Friday. The house was report
The 1st Marine Division, supported by forces from the U.S. Army and Iraqi Army, launched the Second Battle of Fallu
Bethany Mota and Derek Hough had a big night for the show’s Halloween special — a score of 39 out of 40