Posted Aug 05, 2012By The Associated Press
LONDON (AP) — Here are five things to look out for at the London Olympics on Sunday:
1. BRITAIN'S MORNING AFTER: Jubilation over what happened at the track Saturday night spills into Sunday, with British athletes — Jessica Ennis foremost among them — lofted heartily onto the collective national shoulders.
2. AND SPEAKING OF THE TRACK: Three key things to watch there Sunday above the others — Bolt, Bolt and Bolt. And did we mention Bolt? Also Yohan Blake, the other formidable half of the Jamaican dynamic duo.
3. FROM ENNIS TO TENNIS: Roger Federer goes for the gold for Switzerland against Britain's Andy Murray in a Wimbledon final rematch on the same Centre Court. Also: Americans Venus and Serena Williams take on the Czech Republic in doubles for the gold.
4. IN THE GYM: After Gabby Douglas' gold medal, her U.S. teammate McKayla Maroney gets a chance at the spotlight as the prohibitive favorite in the vault final. The field also includes Oksana Chusovitina of Germany and Giulia Steingruber of Switzerland.
5. WRESTLING BEGINS: Time to hit the mat. Watch Iran, which comes in with lots of talent and high hopes to win its first wrestling gold.
Fairfield Prep – St. Joseph Boys Basketball Scrimmage 12/12
Local Garden Clubs decorated the Osborne Homestead. The theme this year is “Holiday in Connecticut”. Th
Photos by Mara Lavitt CIAC Class L boys soccer semifinal at Hamden: Barlow beat Hand of Madison, 3-0.
UCONN defeated Yale 80-62 in men’s basketball. The game was played at the XL Center in Hartford. Photos by Me
Folks lined the streets to watch the annual Branford Veterans Day Parade. Photos by Melanie Stengel mstengel@nhregi
Hamden Hall Country Day School led 42-6 over St Lukes of New Canaan at halftime behind the passing of QB TJ Linta a